Windy City Opportunities!

Windy City Opportunities!

Hi! My name is Foram and I’m currently a senior at Loyola University Chicago. Here, I’m studying advertising and public relations. I’m originally from the suburb of Glenview, IL, which is actually not very far from Loyola. Even though I’m from the suburbs, I’ve got to admit that I am still completely obsessed with Chicago and all that it has to offer… and I cannot wait to share it all with you! Just a couple of weeks ago, I was able to experience a TV show being filmed right outside Loyola’s downtown campus! You’re probably wondering what I mean by our downtown campus… It’s basically our three-block campus right off Michigan Ave. in Chicago. This campus houses the Law program, School of Communication, School of Social Work, and School of Business. As a communications major, I have all of my classes on that campus for this year, and each day I get to take in the beauty of the sky-high buildings. During my time at the Water Tower Campus in the past three years, I’ve gotten the chance to do and see some really cool things! I’ve seen a commercial film, Justin Bieber and Oprah hanging out with fans, and this past month, a TV show! The show that was being filmed was Sirens, a medical comedy on USA Network. While I’ve only ever watched one episode of this show, I was still mesmerized by the TV crew and actors casually hanging out 20 feet away from me. It was like a part of Hollywood was right in front of me! The coolest part about this show filming was that some Loyola students got to be extras for the episode. Watching this episode film was a super cool experience, especially because one of the characters in the episode had a rod going through him! I took tons of pictures, and here’s a picture, and if you want to watch a short video!   Check the video out here!     

Sirens Filming

Thanks for reading!,

Foram Patel