Sweet Treats

Sweet Treats

Hi everyone! This week has been stressful with midterms and all, so in order to keep sane it’s always good to give yourself a little break from time to time. Whenever I need a little pick-me-up the place that I go to is More. More is a cupcake shop located right by Loyola’s downtown campus. It is a favorite spot for all those sweet-tooth Loyola students.

More is located at One East Delaware place in Chicago, which is only about two blocks from the Loyola’s downtown campus. The store is so small that there is no seating inside, but there is plenty of seating outside and even a park close by where you can gobble up (I mean eat gracefully with small bites) your cupcakes. When you first walk in your eyes are instantly drawn to the rows of cupcakes staring at you with each and every one of them begging you to pick them for your sugar-fix. Deciding which one to buy is hard work! They have some incredible gourmet cupcakes that will literally have you wanting More.

Being a cupcake fanatic, I have tried all different kinds of their cupcakes. They have chocolate cupcakes, marshmallow cupcakes, s’more cupcakes, and white chocolate cupcakes. They have crazy flavor cupcakes like mojito, bacon, toffee, pumpkin, passion fruit, salted caramel, and sour cherry foie gras. They are most known for their dark, valrhona cupcake filed with ethereal cream and covered with chocolate ganache and their lemon, curd filled lemon meringue cupcake. But, the king of the cupcakes to me is their red velvet. It has a ruby red color with the most mouth-watering delicious cream cheese frosting with a little square of white chocolate to garnish the top. Every bite is like a trip to Heaven and back.

Not only are the cupcakes more than affordable, if you like More on Facebook you have a chance of scoring free cupcakes. Every now and then, More puts up photos of cupcakes and the first 50 people to tag themselves in the picture get that cupcake for free! All they have to do is head down to the store, present their ID (they accept your Loyola ID) and voila! Free cupcake! More is amazing and all this cupcake talk is making me want to head there myself. Be right back……I need a cupcake!

Red Velvet Cupcake!
Red Velvet Cupcake!