Pump Up Study Breaks at Halas

Pump Up Study Breaks at Halas

I have a really bad habit of stress eating. Since finals are upon us right now, and that always means stress, I thought I would share with you all a great way how to not gain the freshman fifteen in one week from eating. I know it’s a novel idea and practically unheard of…but here it is…go to the gym. 

I would like to kick this off by making it very clear that I am not a gym buff. It’s not something I wake up and go to, excited and ready to sweat and smell bad. I’ve had to literally be dragged out of bed to get me to go before. It’s not that I don’t enjoy feeling healthy, it’s just that Halas is a really far walk from my building and that Chinese takeout menu always sounds a tad more appealing.

However, if you’ve never been into the gym you should probably go if for nothing but to see it. Halas was recently rebuilt and refurnished, and it is beautiful. With an upper and lower level holding a variety of new machines, weights, and even a rock climbing wall, and a main level holding a locker room and a pool, it is quite impressive. Loyola students also get a free membership! So avoid the freshman (or sophomore, or junior, or senior) fifteen and go check it out!

If you’re like me and would rather dance and forget you’re working out opposed to running, Halas offers group fitness classes that are once again free to all members. As far as finals schedule goes, the updated schedule for finals can be found here: http://www.luc.edu/media/lucedu/campusrec/pdfs/Fall%202014%20Finals%20Schedule.pdf
The classes are super fun and totally worth going to, the instructors are extremely nice and the best part is that it completely doesn’t matter if you’ve never been to the gym before or not, everyone is so encouraging and no one judges how tired you are after the first 10 minutes. (Even the most buff had to start somewhere!)

So take a study break, and get your heart rate up! Halas is open from 6 am to Midnight Monday through Friday, and from 8 am to Midnight on weekends.