Applicant > Student > Alumna > Staff

Applicant > Student > Alumna > Staff

The title of this post sums up my Loyola experience, and I have to say, I’ve loved every second of it. It’s true, I even loved Loyola’s application process. I appreciated that there was NO application fee, that I didn’t have to answer some crazy question for my writing sample, and that the application was completely straightforward.

After completing the application process, I went on a tour of campus with a  friend who was already a student at LUC. After that, I was hooked. How can you not fall in love with this campus, the IC, the Lake, and the fact that it’s in Chicago, the world’s greatest city!? I began my undergraduate career here at Loyola University Chicago in the fall of 2008 and I spent 4 years here studying marketing and psychology.

As a student, I was very involved with student activities on campus and they had a huge impact on my Loyola experience. ((dop)) or the Department of Programming, a student-run organization that plans events on & off-campus, provided me with so many great experiences during those 4 years. I went skiing, kayaking, to a White Sox game, saw a Joffrey Ballet performance, took photos with live wolves, watched Harry Potter, built a stage for Gym Class Heroes, met Jim Gaffigan, ate a lot of free food, and collected tons of free t-shirts. But more than that, getting involved on campus led me to new friends, mentors, jobs, travel opportunities, leadership experience and unforgettable memories.

Then came Saturday, May 12th 2012… Graduation Day… the day I transitioned from student to alumna. I absolutely dreaded this day. I was not ready to say goodbye to Loyola, to the campus, to the Jesuit values that guided who I’d become, to the staff and faculty who became mentors and close friends, but thankfully, I didn’t have to do that. Just 10 days after graduating from Loyola, I had my first interview for my current position as an Undergraduate Admission Counselor! I remember when HR emailed me the job offer and I literally screamed out loud. I smiled ridiculously the rest of the day knowing that I was still going to be able to call Loyola home.

So here I am, working at the University I fell in love with and working with students to see if Loyola might be that perfect fit for them, too. My blog will mostly cover admission tips and life at Loyola University Chicago. Best of luck to all applicants, it’s such an exciting time in your life so make sure to embrace every moment!