Welcome Back!

Welcome Back!

As I hauled all of my luggage back into my dorm room on Monday and greeted my roommate, it felt like I was gone a few days not a whole month!

Thats right, we got a month off of school between the fall and spring semesters. Most of my friends back home only get two or three weeks and are always extremely jealous.

One of the best parts of having such a long break is being able to work and make some extra cash. I was able to work in my Dad’s office. He owns a head hunting business and I did filling and answered the phones when the secretary took some days off.

When I wasn’t working I was either sleeping, reading, hanging with high school friends or sleeping. I slept a lot over break. It was an awesome to catch up with everyone I hadn’t seen in so long and reminisce about great memories. We made cookies, watched movies, played outside in the snow and ate a lot of good food.

Another awesome part of having a longer break than my friends is that I was able to go visit them at their colleges when they went back. I visited Western Michigan, Michigan State and the University of Michigan all before coming back to school. It was so cool to see how different each school was!

My favorite school I visited (which is still nothing on Loyola) was the University of Michigan. My boyfriend goes to school there so he was able to give me the tour of campus and show me how beautiful it is! It was a lot colder there though than I was used to and we had to make a pit stop to get some hot chocolate.

Overall I had a great break but am glad to be back at Loyola. Classes started Tuesday and I can already tell it is going to be a great semester!

My high school friends and I after catching up over a sushi dinner.