“What is the Future of Compliance in Enterprise Risk Management?”
February 15, 2019
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Philip H. Corboy Law Center
Power Rogers & Smith Ceremonial Courtroom
25 E. Pearson Street
Call for Papers
The Center for Compliance Studies at Loyola University Chicago School of Law and The Loyola Journal of Regulatory Compliance invite original paper submissions for presentation at our Third Compliance Studies Symposium: “What is the Future of Compliance in Enterprise Risk Management?” The Symposium will take place at Loyola University Chicago School of Law on Friday, February 15, 2019 beginning at 9:00am.
The Symposium will explore questions of theory and practice related to the role of compliance programs and regulatory obligations in organized enterprise risk management. While legal and reputational risk have had to be managed by companies for as long as commercial enterprise has existed, the past two decades have seen a growth in organized approaches to deal with regulatory liability and risk in general. Compliance programs and enterprise risk management programs have developed in separate silos but there now appears to be a trend to merge the two under a general approach to managing risk.
Although focusing on law, the Symposium is intended to be multi-disciplinary and seeks to bring together scholars from law, ethics, political science, business, and economics. Accordingly, we invite submissions addressing any and all aspects of regulation and risk management.
Possible topics (not exclusive):
- Does Compliance Have a Role in Enterprise Risk Management?
- Does Enterprise Risk Management Increase the Value of a Company?
- Maintaining Reputation Through Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management
- Ethics and Managing Legal Risk
- Culture and Risk
- Enterprise Risk Management and Privacy
- Managing Risk While Responding to Changing Regulations
- Enterprise Risk Management Across Borders: International Activities
- Alternative Models for Compliance Programs and Enterprise Risk Management
- Exploring the Role of the Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management Functions
- Enterprise Risk Management in Publicly Traded Companies
- State Entities and Compliance Programs and/or Enterprise Risk Management in Light of Transparency and Sunshine Laws
- Managing Risk by Learning from History
- Other Perspectives on Compliance & Enterprise Risk Management
Submission and Review Timeline
Those interested in participating, please send a 300-500-word abstract to email@example.com by October 5, 2018. Accepted authors will be notified of decisions no later than October 19, 2018. The Center for Compliance Studies will cover the cost of hotel, travel, ground transportation, and meals for authors presenting at the Symposium.
Publication of Full Paper
If your abstract is selected, a full paper will be due by March 29, 2019. Your paper will be reviewed and edited for publication in the Fall 2019 issue of The Loyola Journal of Regulatory Compliance.
The conference will be held in the Philip H. Corboy Law Center, Power Rogers & Smith Ceremonial Courtroom, on the 10th floor of 25 E. Pearson St. at Loyola University Chicago’s Water Tower Campus.
The agenda and attendee registration information will be available in November.
About The Loyola Journal of Regulatory Compliance
The Loyola Journal of Regulatory Compliance publishes scholarship from the interdisciplinary perspectives of law, economics, philosophy, and ethics. The journal seeks to advance academic dialogue on managing regulatory risk in a commercial enterprise, the experience of the regulated actor, and analysis of regulations in the context of organized efforts to comply with law. Each annual issue offers a forum for both speculative and practical discussion.