Spending time with Steph

Spending time with Steph

Hi everyone! So far this week has been kind of slow for me. Due to the blizzard and all, being indoors under layers of covers with some hot cocoa and Netflix is where it is at. Buttt, last week I went out to this amazing breakfast place called Anne Sather which is walking distance from Loyola, right near the Granville el stop. I went to Anne Sather with one of my best friends, who is also another blogger, Stephanie Rodriguez.

Like me, Steph is doing a fifth year. We met as freshman because we were both in the same dorm Simpson (Simpson is the best!). We did not really connect until we had our first class together second semester. It was Chemistry and we bonded over the struggle to survive in that class. We studied together all the time and we made each other laugh and since then we have lived together and become super close friends. Be prepared to meet friends for life here at Loyola!

Anyways, she commutes now so we don’t have so much time to hang out so we arranged to have breakfast after our classes. I suggested Anne Sather. Anne Sather is located at 1147 West Granville Avenue and it is the breakfast place to be at if you do not want to walk that far from your dorm. They serve breakfast all day and have a variety of options. They have heart-healthy meals, delicious eggs benedicts, and omelets. But they are best known for their OUTSTANDING cinnamon rolls. Seriously, if you order nothing besides cinnamon rolls, you won’t be disappointed. Their cinnamon rolls are HUGE! Each cinnamon roll is about 2 to 3 times the size of your regular cinnamon roll. They are super cinnamony with plenty of icing and fluffiness. As all good things, they are a little high on the calorie scale, so I would not recommend making these your staple diet (it will be hard not to) but they are really worth the once and a while treat that you need. Almost every meal on the menu comes with two side dishes and the cinnamon rolls (you get 2 of them) count as ONE side. Crazzzyyy deliciousness for not that expensive of a price. You get a delicious benedict, two cinnamon rolls, and another side for all around 10 dollars. Not bad huh?

I am now officially craving cinnamon rolls. Perhaps I can get Stephanie to go back with me…..too soon though, too soon…