Chicago Preparing for the Holiday Season

The city of Chicago wastes no time in preparing for the holiday season. As soon as Halloween passed, the festive decorations and lights began popping up all over the city. In this post, I will be discussing the excitement the decorations bring to the city as it prepares for the holiday season!

This will be my first holiday season in the city of Chicago, and I could not be more excited. Although it is a bit early, being only the first few weeks of November, holiday music and decorations always bring me a sense of joy and happiness. Walking down State Street and seeing the festive decorations outside of the big Macy’s while sipping on some peppermint hot chocolate really makes one feel in the holiday spirit! There are holiday lights all around the different buildings and trees throughout the city that not only fills the streets with holiday spirit, but also with light which brightens the mood of anyone who may view them! In addition to the lights and decorations outside on the streets, there are also many decorations within the many stores around the city as well! For example, the many department stores have already begun preparing for the busy holiday bustle with glamorous holiday decorations, lights, and window decorations! Before we know it, Santa will begin making multiple appearances for all of the children of the city to see!

In addition to the decorations and lights, the ice-skating rink at Millennium Park will be opening soon! Ice-skating is a personal favorite winter activity of mine, and I cannot wait to make use of the rink with my friends!

If one can bear the bitter cold of a Chicagoan winter, going out to explore the city during the holidays is a must. The decorations, lights, music and happy feeling will be sure to lift the spirits of anyone passing by, and prepare us all for the upcoming holiday season that will be here before we know it!