Searching for a Home

Searching for a Home

While everyone thinks that choosing a college is difficult, I found it to be an easy decision. I knew right away in my junior year of highschool that I wanted to go to Loyola.

Loyola runs in the family for me. My dad went to Loyola’s Stritch School of Medicine and my older sister graduated from Loyola and now works at Loyola. I am a senior at Loyola. My younger brother and my younger sister are also both at Loyola as a junior and freshman. There is only my youngest brother left to lead us to the Loyola finish line! People often think that since Loyola is in my blood, that this is the main reason why I ended up here, but it isn’t.

When I visited Loyola I feel in love with it! The campus here is beautiful with plenty of study space and plenty of clubs to meet new people. There is a wide diversity of classes offered that range from a harp class to a biology class solely on cancer or malaria.  Loyola students were truly welcoming when I visited Loyola. Everyone was quick to help point us in the right direction or offer friendly advice and answers for any questions that may arise. I felt that Loyola could be my home away from home. On the day of orientation, I was nervous and didn’t feel as sure about my decision as I did before, but all misgivings completely vanished once I met my orientation group. Everyone was extremely warm and friendly and quickly I made friends, even some whom I call my best friends today. At Loyola I made lifelong friends who I know will always have my back and will always be there for me when I need them.

Not only are the students great, the professors are excellent at well. They are always trying to push you to be the best person you can be and to succeed. They are the kind of professors that strive to know their students names and also strive to give a student any extra help they can. Finally, I chose Loyola because it is in Chicago! Chicago is fantastic city to explore with so many different cultures and ideas, there is always something new and exciting to discover. Being in Chicago and at Loyola allows for me to be able to learn not only in the classroom, but outside of it as well. I could not imagine going to any other college than Loyola. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Forever a proud Rambler!