Milwaukee Day Trip

Milwaukee Day Trip

Having friends with cars in the city is awesome.  Having friends who will take road trips in their car is even more awesome!  Friday, my friends and I randomly decided to head up to Milwaukee for the day.  It’s about an hour and a half trip, which isn’t too bad.

Milwaukee is a super neat city, almost like a mini Chicago.  We didn’t really have much planned, plus it was a rainy day. We ended up going on a brewery tour at Lakefront Brewery, which was pretty interesting.  Afterwards, we went to get some delicious custard at Kopp’s.

Because we were pretty much winging it, we ended up driving around most of the time.  One of my friends has a friend attending UW-Milwaukee, so we met up later that night for dinner.

Safe House is a spy-themed restaurant with Bond memorabilia and gadgets everywhere!  By far one of the coolest restaurants I’ve been to.  You enter from an alley, go up some stairs into a tiny room.  There, you are asked for a password.  Of course, no one in our group knew, so we had to do Ring Around the Rosie to be let.  Then, a bookshelf wall opened up to the restaurant.

The fact that we were able to fit so much in in about a five hour range is super impressive to me.  While Chicago is great, sometimes its nice to get away to some of the other cool places that aren’t so far.