Dodgeball for Make-A-Wish

Dodgeball for Make-A-Wish

The Chi Omega Dodgeball Tournament was last Sunday, and it was a huge day for my fraternity (yes, it is a sorority, but technically Chi Omega in particular is called a fraternity). Chi Omega came to Loyola’s campus last year, so this was our first major philanthropy event.

I had no idea how it would go, but thankfully, there was a huge turnout!  There were about 20 teams of six that entered either the girls, boys or co-ed tournament.  It was pretty exciting to watch. Some of the teams had some pretty intense game play!  Being the inattentive bystander I am, may or may not have gotten hit by a dodgeball once or twice…

The tournament was pay to play, with all proceeds going towards the Make-A-Wish foundation.  You have to raise a certain amount of money in order to grant a child a wish.  We exceeded the amount, raising over 5,000 dollars!

In a month or so, we should learn whose wish we get to grant.  We get to meet the child, and throw some type of a party for them.  I’m so excited to meet the girl or boy and grant his or her wish.  The kids supported by the Make-A-Wish Foundation really deserve everything they get.  Cancer is a horrible disease, but I’m so grateful  my sorority and I get the chance to a child’s mind off of cancer for a little while.