Have U Kept Your Resolutions So Far?

Have U Kept Your Resolutions So Far?

At last, 2011 is upon us, and it is always fun to see and hear about friends and co-workers who are doing their best to keep their new year’s resolutions.  I know of one person whose goal it is to write more hand-written notes this year, as it seems we have left that notion behind.  I like it.  It seems simple, but I just love the idea that someone takes the time to say “thank you” or “I am thinking of you” and it didn’t come via my inbox.

Students often send hand-written notes to say “thank you” for being awarded a scholarship or having visited the campus and commenting on how an admission staff member or current student went out of the way to make them feel welcome.  I keep these.  I call it my “Happy File” and I try to share these with the appropriate people when I have a few minutes. They also remind me of why I love what I do.

At this time of year, admission staff members work long hours reading many applications trying to gain some insight into exactly who are the students interested in attending Loyola for the next fall.  It is the time of year that I personally resolve to find a new hobby, develop a new interest, or explore my creative side because I am amazed by the number of students who truly inspire me to DO MORE and LEARN MORE!  This time I am taking on the art of snowshoeing , a home improvement plan which involves way too much painting and my commitment to staying on the treadmill for my allotted 45 minute minimum with at least a 5.0 incline.  Thank you future Loyola Class of 2015 for the inspiration!

Please check back each week  as I intend to dive into topics about the start of the college admission process for high school juniors and their parents, as well as things like deadline-sensitive topics for admitted students.  Yes, you might want to know why and when to file the FAFSA or when our deadline is for scholarship consideration.  I will also be sure to update you on ALL THINGS LOYOLA as best I can!