You are very Fortunate…

You are very Fortunate…

peanuts-thanksgiving-table

I cannot express how fortunate I am to be able to live life the way I do. I may not live a luxurious and stress-free lifestyle, but I have the basic necessities and more that many others cannot afford to have. Especially at Loyola where students come from fairly stable families, people such as myself can forget how lucky we are to such a good school with good facilities, food, faculty, and most importantly, a private, Jesuit education.

Walking around campus throughout the day, I hear people talk about how they did not wear enough layers of clothing, how restless they are, how they procrastinated on schoolwork, how “broke” they are, and more- typical college student complaints. We truly do not know how fortunate we are until we become the unfortunate ones ourselves.

Here’s a good Dr. Suess quote:

When you think things are bad, when you feel sour and blue, when you start to get mad… you should do what I do… Just tell yourself, Duckie, you’re really quite lucky!

Some people are much more…oh, ever so much more…oh, muchly much-much more..unlucky than you!

Personally. I am extremely grateful for my mom for the support and care she has given me. Without her, I would not have been able to attend Loyola and be the person that I am today, writing to you guys.

If there is one message I wish to get across, it is to think about what you say and do, because there will always be others who have it worse than you do.

For this upcoming Thanksgiving holiday this week, I wish all of you a wonderful day with family and friends that you care about. There’s always something to be thankful for.