Bloggers

• avatar

Lori Greene

From the Director
  • avatar

Alexander Benson

Words on Admission
  • avatar

Lindsay Fagerstrom

Admission Ramblings
  • avatar

Yuliya Chernyavskaya

The Lively Undergrad Chronicles
  • avatar

Asha Fil

Capture the Campus
  • avatar

Joseph Filer

Ramblin' with a Camera
  • avatar

Kyle Forbush

Ramble On!
  • avatar

Ellen Gordon

Sleep is for the Weak (or the Weekends)
  • avatar

Nicholas Herrmann

LUCky Life
  • avatar

Antoinette Isama

Loyola Through My Eyes
  • avatar

Mary Catherine Mason

Meet Me in Chicago
  • avatar

Kaia Trubiano

Livin’ La Vida Loyola
  • avatar

Tanner Walters

Life on the Lake

Operation Study Abroad

Posted on: December 3rd, 2012 by Susan Moskop

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kyletaylor/4496317344/in/photostream/

During my senior year of high school, I had the opportunity to travel to South Korea for a mission trip where I taught at a local school, visited many popular tourist spots and explored the Korean culture and lifestyle. Through this experience, I learned how much I loved traveling and experiencing different parts of the world. I promised myself that I would take active steps to ensure another great experience abroad.

Since this September, I have been working on making my study abroad plans a reality for the Spring of 2013. After months of convincing my parents, doing research about my program and meeting with several people in the Office of International Programs, I have received official acceptance through the University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC) to Deakin University in Melbourne, Australia!

Many things contributed to the details of the decisions I made for my study abroad plans. Of course, the main aspect I had to decide on was WHERE I want to go.

The only explanation I have for picking this destination is my sheer interest in the Australian culture and terrain. Since Loyola only provides campuses in Rome, Bejing and Vietnam, this meant researching provider programs that Loyola is affiliated with, such as USAC. After doing so, I brought my findings to a study abroad advisor, who went over every detail with me and gave me a list of next steps to complete.

It took some work, but I can finally say that there is some light at the end of the tunnel and I would tell any of my fellow Loyolans that the process is worth it once you see the acceptance letter and realize what it means.

Tags: , , , ,