Archives

Categories

Tag Cloud

“Tutor” – Phishing Scam – August 20, 2018

Posted on: August 20th, 2018 by

Below is the most recent phishing email and website we have seen.  Similar to past emails, this scam attempts to trick users into entering personal account information (e.g. username/password). Users should not click any links in this email and should delete it right away. As a reminder, Loyola will never ask for your password or to verify your account.

If you have any questions about this or any email, before you act on the email, please call or email the ITS Helpdesk 773-508-4487, helpdesk@luc.edu.

From:*REDACTED*

Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 8:28 PM

Subject: Tutor

Hello,
How are you doing today? This is Gregory Broomfield. I saw your contact at the Loyola University Chicago, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures under Directory’s portal. I seek for a private tutor for my Daughter. I would like to know if you would be available for the job and I would provide you with more details of my daughter.

The lessons could hold at the campus/library or your home, if you staying close to campus.

If you would not be able to teach her owing to your busy schedule, you can recommend one of your students or colleague who is capable of teaching.

Looking forward reading from you.

Best regards,
Gregory.