Savoring my final days at Loyola

Savoring my final days at Loyola

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a fantastic New Year. My Christmas break consisted of me sleeping in late, baking way to many cookies and French pastries, doing some writing, and spending time with family and friends. So, basically all the good stuff that sort of gets put on the back burner during school time. But now that I have finished my last first week of college, I cannot believe that it is my LAST first week of college!

Loyola has been amazing. I could have not asked for a better college experience. The professors have truly cared about my education and my future. They have always tried to help me in any possible way they can. My employers on campus have also been wonderful. They have set the bar extremely high for all my future professional bosses and supervisors. And, all the students have been incredible. I have made life-long friends here at Loyola who mean the world to me. Of course, it has not all been sunshine and rainbows. I had plenty of meltdowns, tears, and feelings of despair, but I was always able to pick myself up again and the people at Loyola have always succeeded in lifting up my mood. It is extremely weird to think of leaving Loyola this May. Not waking up every morning to go to classes, seeing friends in classes, and just walking around campus is something that is still hard for me to imagine. I know though that Loyola has prepared for me whatever me future may hold and that it has given me all the necessary tools and a strong mind for success. I am not entirely sure what I want to do after college, but I know that I CAN do whatever I put my mind to and I thank Loyola for that

As I walked to class this past week, I saw all the freshman running around being super excited for classes and seeing old friends. They still have a few years to call Loyola home, and for that I am slightly jealous. I do not think that the full force and impact of graduation has hit me yet and I am going to try as long as I can to hold that force at bay. I will be sad to leave Loyola, but it is because of them that I have grown into someone who is capable of handling whatever the future may hold.