Student Working

Student Working

Besides being a full-time student and blogging for Loyola, I also work as a student-worker for Campus Reservations. Campus Reservations is responsible for booking all rooms on campus for student organizations and faculty events. I work in their office and my jobs includes answering phones, replying to emails, managing spreadsheets, filing, and other such things. It is a job all about customer service and I do my best to help everyone who contacts us!

Sometimes, it can be a bit stressful working two jobs on campus and also teaching piano lessons in the suburbs on weekends, but I love all my jobs! Being an English major, I love to write! So blogging for Loyola’s Undergraduate Admissions was the perfect choice for me. Being able to be creative when blogging to you guys is a lot of fun and I love how I get to explore more of Chicago in order to provide you all with juicy information about Chicago and Loyola. Working at Campus Reservations has taught me a lot about customer service. It has taught me how to always be friendly towards other and how to work in an office environment. Teaching piano lessons is also something that I love because I have played piano for 18 years and love love love love music!

Loyola offers jobs for students on campus if they are interested in working while being at school. You can work as a tutor for any subject. You can work as an English tutors for people who need help learning English. You can work at Loyola’s Phonathon where you work with donors and alumni of Loyola. You can work at Halas in the gym. You can work at an office job as a student worker, like I am for Campus Reservations. You can also work for the Undergraduate Admissions and write blogs just like I am doing now! There are so many jobs on campus for students who are looking to gain experience in a working environment. All the jobs on campus understand that classes come first, so they will work for you to make a schedule that fits in with your academic life.

Working while being a student is not for everyone, but it works well for me because I can still get good grades and earn some money at the same time. Even with having a hectic schedule with