Back to School, Back to School…

Back to School, Back to School…

It’s early September and that’s my favorite time in Chicago… that transition from summer to fall where the weather is not too hot, but still cool enough to wear shorts and sandals.  I am making the most out it, trying to get as much as I can in before it gets cold. Whether it be basking in the sun at Oak Street Beach, studying at Millenium Park, or walking the few blocks to Sprinkles to get the cupcake of the day. Actually, the cold weather wont stop me from doing that last one.

Although I am in denial about it, we have actually started classes.  This fall, I’m taking 18  credit hours, so 6 classes, and I’m actually really excited about them.  Now that I’m a junior, I am able to take a ton of classes for my social work major.  My two favorite classes would have to be my cultural diversity class and my human behavior class.  I have great professors who are very hands on and extremely intelligent.  The subject matter is very interesting to me, as well.

I will be extremely busy with homework and studying from all my classes, but besides that, I will also be busy with clubs and organizations.  I’m in Chi Omega Fraternity, Pre-Law Society, Psychology Club and the School of Social Work Student Organization.  There’s so many great clubs and organizations at Loyola, its hard to narrow it down to just a few. I want to join everything!

I’m also going to volunteer at a middle school with at risk students.  I did this when I was a freshman, and it was such a rewarding experience.  I helped them with their homework and just hung out with them for a few hours after school.  It was a great experience and it will definitely help me for my future endeavors. I’m looking forward to volunteering there again this year!

Besides all of that, I plan on taking in everything Chicago has to offer.  There are always a ton of free events, and I always try to take advantage of those as much as possible. (“Like” Free things to do in Chicago on facebook)  I’m really excited about my classes, volunteering, and the organizations I’m in, so I know this going to be a great semester!