Sorrryyyyy. I just couldn’t help making that the title of this blog, especially considering that within 48 hours (when my professors have promised my grades will be finalized in LOCUS), I will no longer be a college sophomore.
That’s right, ladies and gents…I’m halfway done with my undergrad college career!
This year was not what I expected it to be at all. My freshman year was the best year of my life. I expected the new, fresh, exciting feeling of college (See: This article by Ryan O’Connell, except with a bit more of a positive ending.) to still be there when I returned this Fall.
Spoiler alert: it wasn’t.
Getting readjusted to college life was hard, but in the end, I got a lot out of this year. After all is said and done…
1. I survived what is considered the hardest year of my program, nursing.
2. I pledged and got initiated into an awesome service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega.
3. I got elected to be as part of the e-board, as Vice President of Fellowship, of said awesome service fraternity.
4. I made the Dean’s List last semester, and I’m fairly certain I made it this semester as well.
5. I got nominated to send in an application for Alpha Sigma Nu, the Jesuit Honors Society. (I’ll find out in July if I get in, so cross your fingers for me!)
6. I got my undergraduate dream job working as a Certified Nursing Assistant at Children’s Memorial Hospital.
7. I signed my first lease and am currently getting ready to move out of my mom’s place in June.
10. I was chosen to give the speech at the nursing dedication ceremony for my class next fall.
11. I got to do it all with my trusty cat, Denali, by my side!
I’d say that’s a pretty quality list. Hopefully next year’s will be just as awesome!Tags: list, reflections, sophomore, growing up