Not only can Google Calendar help you manage your own schedule, you can also create a calendar to share with your students, co-workers or an organization. This is a useful tool because there are several options for sharing your calendar. Some of the sharing features in Google Calendar include:
* Share only available/busy times on your schedule (no details). This is helpful if you need to schedule a lot of meetings but do not want to share the details with everyone.
* Show all event details but you are the only person able to edit. This way you can continually keep your course schedule and assignments up to date.
* Show all details and also allow users to add or change the events. If you want to share the calendar with a T.A. or even let students add events, this is a helpful option.
If you don’t have one already, you’ll need to create a Google account. From your Google account, you will see a calendar tab at the top of the screen. This brings you to the main calendar page where you can add events, create multiple calendars and adjust your settings. Follow these steps to create and share your new calendar:
- On the left-hand side of the screen, under My Calendars, click Create.
2. Add relevant information such as a title, description
3. Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Share your Calendar
- Back on the main calendar page, click on the drop-down arrow next to the calendar you would like to share.
- Click on Share this Calendar.
3. Enter the email address of each person you would
like to share your calendar with.
4. Adjust permission settings for each calendar user.
5. Once you save your settings, an email will be sent
inviting each person to view the calendar.