When in Rome…

This summer, faculty member Amy Wilkinson will be taking ten dance majors to Rome as a part of the My Life Closed Twice project. The dancers will spend one week exploring the city, learning choreography, performing with a professional company and conducting movement-based research.

Crowdfunding Research Experiences for Undergraduates (CREU) recently approved the My Life Closed Twice project for crowd funding. Click here to learn more about My Life Closed Twice and potentially donate to our project.

Any amount is helpful and the funds will be divided among the dancers evenly. Funds will go towards travel expenses and LUC’s study abroad program costs. Because we must continually train in order to preserve our technique, dancers do not often have the opportunity to study abroad.

This unique program allows Loyola Dance Theatre to combine its emphasis on both the artistic and academic approach to movement while exploring a new dance environment. Please consider donating to our Tilt account to support our research and dance abroad.

A video about the My Life Closed Twice project. (Video credit: Amy Wilkinson)

For an example of the type of research we will be doing, follow this link to Laura Prieto’s research exegesis from last year’s Cloudburst project.