Student Spotlight: Tagen Vaughn, Weekend JD

Vaughn

Tagen Vaughn
Sheboygan Falls, WI

Education
BA in Communications
University of Colorado at Boulder

Employment
Sr. Manager of Contracts and Legal Operations at Sargento Foods Inc.

Why did you decide to attend Loyola’s Weekend JD program?
I have wanted to pursue a JD in order to grow in my career, but working full time and being a wife and a mom to two young children made it seem almost impossible.  When I found the Weekend JD program at Loyola, I was thrilled.  The program is manageable with my busy schedule, and Loyola is a highly respected university with a very good reputation.

What do you like best about the program?
Honestly, it is hard to say.  I have had such an amazing experience so far.  It is obvious that a lot of time and effort went into the development of this program.  It is extremely organized and the professors are top notch.  The classes are long, but they keep me interested; I actually find myself looking forward to the next class.

What do you plan to do with your law degree?
My goal is to be a general counsel for an organization.

What advice can you give prospective students interested in applying to Loyola’s Weekend JD program?
Be brave and go for it!  There is a tremendous amount of support at Loyola.  From the deans to the professors, to my classmates—I feel like there is a strong community here that will help me achieve my goal in spite of all of the other things I am juggling in life!

In five words or less, describe Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Academic excellence surrounded by community

Additional information
I love spending time with my family.  My husband and I and our two boys (ages 4 and 6) are always on the go trying new things.  I thoroughly enjoy cooking and photography, and I hope someday to publish a children’s book for my boys.

This entry was posted in 1L Life, Academic, Life at Loyola, Student Life, Student Spotlight, Weekend JD. Bookmark the permalink.