Introducing Catie Eubanks, 1L at Loyola University Chicago School of Law

Hi All! My name is Catie Eubanks and I am currently in my first semester as a 1L at Loyola University Chicago School of Law. I will be detailing my journey as a 1L, along with some of my classmates.  I have included a little bit about myself. Please feel free to reach out to me. I love meeting new people!

1

My mom Janet, my sister Alex and myself enjoying Milwaukee.

Where I am from: I was born in Scottsdale, AZ where I lived until I was 4.  After AZ, my parents moved my older sister, Alex, and I to O’Fallon, MO, a small town outside of St. Louis. I attended a small Catholic grade school and high school. I have been playing tennis throughout my entire life. I credit my parents, John and Janet, with my sense of adventure and willingness to relocate and travel. Growing up, we traveled all over the United States and to other countries.

2

Graduation day from Auburn University

Where I went to school: I graduated from Auburn University (War Eagle!) in 2014 with a BS in Business Administration. I studied International Business with a concentration in Finance. I also graduated with a minor in French. While I was in college, I studied abroad in Paris and China. I love watching football so Auburn was a great school to enjoy SEC college football at its finest. (Sorry Big 10 schools!) I have so many great memories from my time at Auburn but my favorite has to be when Auburn went undefeated and won the National Championship with Cam Newton during my freshmen year.

What I have been up to: After graduating, I received a job from Deutsche Bank in Jacksonville, FL. I packed up my apartment in Auburn and I moved to the beach in Florida. While at Deutsche Bank, I worked as a client service rep for the bank’s clients in the Synthetic Equity space. Basically that is a really fancy way to say I helped agree cash flows and dealt with all of our client’s issues after they had completed their swap agreements with our trading desks. During my time there I became interested in the legal aspect of the financial/securities world. This is one of the reasons why I chose Chicago as my new home. I wanted to be in a city where there was a lot of opportunities in the financial sector and Chicago is cheaper than New York.

3

Me with the Jaxon De Ville, Jaguars official Mascot.

What else? While in Jacksonville, I fell in love with the Jacksonville Jaguars. I became a season ticket holder and made sure to tailgate and attend every home game. On the weekends in fall, you will find me watching my Auburn Tigers and the Jaguars.  I love to travel to visit my friends and family who are spread out throughout the United States and abroad.  I enjoy reality TV so if you have ever have a question regarding who won the last Bachelor season or what Real Housewife just got fired, I am the person to ask. I love to play tennis and I am hoping to join a tennis league in Chicago while the weather is still nice.

My approach to life: I live my life trying to find humor throughout my day. Without laughing every day, I don’t think I could handle all of the responsibilities that life has thrown my way. Humor reminds me not to take everything so seriously.

On family vacation visiting the Redwoods in California.

I have the view that you receive what you put in. I know that if you don’t put in the effort, you are not going to receive the grade or the response that you deserve. I try to remind myself every day that people are inherently good. It is sometimes challenging to keep that thought in my mind with everything that happens on the news, politics, and life. Good people still exist in this world and most people do mean well. I happen to think they all ended up at Loyola somehow.

I am delighted that I got to introduce myself and I can’t wait to share my experiences with you!

Catie Eubanks is a 1L at Loyola University Chicago School of Law.  She is blogging about the journey of her first year of law school. To search all posts written by her search the Catie category on the right hand side. Questions for Catie? Email law-admissions@luc.edu with the subject “Ask Catie” and she will make sure to answer them.

This entry was posted in 1L Life, Catie E., Life at Loyola, Student Life. Bookmark the permalink.