Amie B: Off to the Movies

IMG_0387A few weeks ago my friend and fellow 1L, Ibie, invited me to a movie, About Time. Apparently she is a member of a group that gets free tickets to previews of movies. Normally, going to the movies is a bit to expensive for me when there is a Redbox option for $2, but this was free!

How it works? Ibie printed out proof of membership, good for her and a friend. We got there about an hour early to pick up tickets before they ran out. And that’s it and we were in! After watching the movie, if we wrote about the movie in social media, we got a free About Time gift. Supposedly we could win a trip to London. We just got a notebook.IMG_0387

The movie was pretty good too. Normally, I am not a fan of romantic comedies due to their ridiculous nature and annoying portrayals of women. But, this was more about the main character’s journey to being a good husband, father, son, and brother, less on the lovey-dovey, frustrating gender roles.

As a girl from the burbs, I have never been to a city movie theater. It was quite fancy with all the escalators and way over priced candy. All-and-all, it was a fun and cheap way to spend a Tuesday night with a friend.

AMC River East 21  [at 322 East Illinois Street Chicago, IL 60611] is located close the Loyola University Chicago School of Law.

Questions for Amie? Email law-admissions [at] luc [dot] edu with the subject “Ask Amie” and she will make sure to answer them.

This entry was posted in 1L Life, Amie B, Living in Chicago. Bookmark the permalink.