Student Organization: Catholic Lawyer’s Guild [CLG]

DAVID RIVELLI JD CANDIDATE MAY ’13

It is a reality that in Law School your life will be consumed with studying. Therefore, it is easy to let faith take a back seat. However, CLG has given me a great outlet to keep my Catholic faith in the front seat. I have realized that as life moves on no matter how busy you are you can’t let your faith slip away. In fact I have come to realize that when your busy you need your faith even more. CLG has helped me realize that and it has helped me not let my faith slip away no matter how busy I got during law school.

CLG also serves as a great escape from law school and a great way to meet people to share good times with. Some of the activities we do include: having dinners, prayer groups, going to mass, retreats, charity fundraising, study sessions, bible study and our annual Trivia Night. When I look back on Law School one of the first things I will remember is the time I spent in CLG.

BOB HOGAN JD CANDIDATE MAY ’15

Catholic Lawyer’s Guild has provided tremendous opportunities to network, socialize, and pray with my peers. Setting time aside to reflect and pray has been crucially invigorating throughout the rigors of my 1L year. The support and encouragement we give to and receive from each other is such a blessing. Because the friendships I have through Catholic Lawyer’s Guild are so deeply rooted in mutual values, I know they will last beyond our experiences at law school.

GABRIELA SCHULTZ JD CANDIDATE MAY ’13

Being a student in law school is extremely stressful so it is important to have an outlet to relax and reflect. Catholic Lawyers Guild was that outlet for me and it allowed me to openly talk about any trials and tribulations I may be going through whether it be in school or in other aspects of my life. CLG also was a way for me to take the focus off of myself and to think about others that may need help and it gave me an opportunity to help others, which is one reason why I went to law school in the first place.

CHRISTINA COOK JD CANDIDATE May ’15

One of the main reasons why I chose Loyola was because I felt a strong sense of community within the school as a whole. Joining the Catholic Lawyer’s Guild (CLG) has increased that sense of belonging even more. I find it immensely comforting knowing that my future career as a lawyer is part of God’s plan for my life. Meeting other students and lawyers in Chicago who feel the same way is a great feeling. CLG has definitely become a highlight of my Loyola experience.

trivia_night

Loyola’s Catholic Lawyers Guild hosted its 13th Annual Trivia Night on April 4. As a result of the generous food and prize donations of local business–and the participation of Loyola students, professors, and friends–the Catholic Lawyers Guild raised $1,786 to benefit Southwest Chicago Public Action to Deliver Shelter (PADS). PADS is one of the largest non-profit agencies that provides for the immediate needs of Chicago’s unemployed and homeless as well as provides job training and long-term housing alternatives to end the cycle of poverty.

This entry was posted in Life at Loyola, Student Life. Bookmark the permalink.