Phi Alpha Delta’s Webster Chapter at Loyola

Eager to add something legal to my 1L resume, I decided to stop by Phi Alpha Delta’s informational meeting last fall. After learning about the Webster Chapter’s the alumni connections, social events, and of course, the outline bank, I turned in my application and was initiated as a member of Phi Alpha Delta’s Webster Chapter. While I joined Phi Alpha Delta with few expectations, by the end of my 1L year I was running for a position as an officer, and am now serving as this year’s Webster Chapter Justice. Phi Alpha Delta has proved to be a great organization, as it has provided me with networking opportunities to meet alumni from the Chicago area, as well as social events with fellow classmates.

Phi Alpha Delta is an international legal fraternity founding in 1902 by a group of law students from the Chicago area. Phi Alpha Delta’s has over 300,000 members, including several United States Supreme Court Justices, Presidents, and Legislators. At Loyola, the Webster Chapter works with local alumni and other law school chapters to plan social and networking events throughout the year. This fall, the new class of Webster Chapter members was initiated at the largest District XI initiation to date, with Justice Jayne Reardon presiding.

Throughout this year, the Webster Chapter hosted the annual Trolley Bar Crawl and the “Set the Curve” and Attorney panels, and participated in Hunger Week by sponsoring a Virtual Food Drive. If you are interested in joining Phi Alpha Delta or serving on the Phi Alpha Delta board, please email loyolapad@gmail.com for applications.

–Ashton DiDonato, 1L

This entry was posted in Life at Loyola. Bookmark the permalink.