Game Day For Everyday

Athletes can tell you, it’s hard to look your best when you are constantly on the go. Our Loyola Ramblers Women’s Volleyball team is here to show you some tips they use on game day that will help you stay comfortable and CHIC as you tackle your day. 

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 2.55.40 PM
Morgan Reardon – Junior

“My go to game day hairstyle is a classic fishtail. Everything’s pretty contained, it doesn’t get in my way like a normal pony tail would, and it looks sleek.”

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 2.53.57 PM
Morgan Gresham – Freshman

“I like the french braid part to the side because it keeps my fly aways out of my face while still looking cool. Then I usually put the rest of my hair in a braid because it can really get all over the place. It keeps everything together and out of my way.”

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 2.49.06 PM
Maddy Moser – Freshman

“I like to do this little side twist with this side of my part. It keeps the fly aways tamed and then the rest is just in my pony tail.”

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 2.50.47 PM
Alex Nunez – Freshman

“I have a lot of hair, but I love it. Today I french braided one side of the part in my hair, then put the rest into a pony tail. Since my hair’s wavy it can get a little out of control so I get it out of my face with the braid, but still let it be free in the pony.”

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 2.55.01 PM
Brittany Ericka Brown – Senior

“I recently cut 13 inches off my hair so I’ve been pretty limited on my game day hair styles. Doing my hair is one of my favorite parts of game day, so I always try and find something to do with it. Today I had one of my teammates french braid the top of my hair and then under it.”

Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 2.59.24 PM
Caroline Holt – Sophomore

“This is my favorite game day hairstyle. It keeps everything back and looks really cool from the front, back, and sides. Sometimes I like to continue the french braids into regular braids to make pig tails too.”

Share some of your own hairstyles ideas by posting pictures on Twitter or Instagram by using #ShowUsYourCHIC ! And follow us on Twitter and Instagram for even more CHIC!

10 thoughts on “Game Day For Everyday

1. Thanks Cole, we think you’re pretty too! Make sure to check us out on Instagram for even more CHIC! @LU_CHIC

2. This was our 1 hour walk down to the Detroit River ; a sight-seeing tour of our city’s existential dilemma over who it wants to be both in the present and future.

3. Perhaps despair for the urban decay and envelops much of the city as well as the minds of its people. Maybe there’s hope to be felt as some areas revitalize and restore the city’s spirit.

4. It’s like the ongoing aftermath of a wildfire that almost seems to pick which sections of a forest will regrow and which will remain scorched earth.