Pumpkin Spice Season

Pumpkin Spice Season

It’s that time of the year where Chicago’s weather gets even more confusing than it already is! Waking up to that annoying cold feeling, which in fact, makes you not want to wake up or even go to class. I know. It’s one of the worst things about this season, but in my opinion I look forward to Fall time for many reasons:

FALL BREAK!!

This is something you should genuinely look forward to. Not many Universities get this break, so it is definitely a win-win for Loyola! Fall break will be October 9th & 10th this year, so it is definitely the perfect timing for a break right after the first round of exams and havoc we all are getting ourselves into.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes 

I don’t know about you guys but this is something I REALLY look forward to every year. I don’t think I’ve ever fallen in love with a drink as much as I have with PSL. (So basic I know but hey let me embrace this for a couple of months). For those of you that may not know what it is, it’s a latte with pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove, which is not too sweet and not too bitter and perfect for the cold weather. (FYI replacing it with almond milk and getting rid of the whip cream makes it better-just saying!)

Pumpkin Patches 

If you’re looking for something to do with friends this season, definitely check out some pumpkin patches! They’re so much fun, make great instagram posts, and get you in the feels for the season! A pumpkin patch I have been to is Goebbert’s Farm in South Barrington and I was able to buy pumpkins/pumpkin pie, ride a camel, pet farm animals, go through a maze and haunted house, and take cute pictures. Definitely check them out!

Haunted Houses/Fright Fest 

Something a lot of my friends do around this time of the year is check out some haunted houses (if you’re into that stuff, of course). They’re pretty scary, but if you like the thrill, check them out. I heard the best one so far is called Statesville, and I’m planning to go this year! If you’ve ever been to that one, definitely let me know your thoughts on it! Also fright fest at Six Flags is going on around this time- if you like random, creepy people walking up to you and freaking you out… definitely check it out!

Halloween Candy/Movies

You cannot tell me you don’t love Halloween time! Actually I don’t… but I like the candy and the movies! I don’t go trick or treating anymore, but I love passing out candy and eating candy corn at the comfort of my home and watching movies. It definitely is one of those feel good fake holidays. The only eh part of it is that I have exams that week so WAMP. But nevertheless, candy corn is good and cheap.

Sweater Weather/Fall Fashion

This is by far my favorite part. Fashion. I lovelovelove fall fashion. I love the warm sweaters, high boots, cute jackets, maroon/olive/dark tones. I know it gets pretty cold, but at least you can still look cute and warm easily. You can even wear sweats and still pull it off as a fall fashion, to be honest.

Thanksgiving 

Last but not least, TURKEY. Thanksgiving break is literally the point into the semester where you can say…”crap I should probably start studying for finals”. I guess there is good and bad to that actually… Good where you’re almost done with the semester and you can finally say it. Bad in the sense… well you need to start studying and probably getting a hold of those professors. I think thanksgiving break is my favorite holiday though because it’s like a glimpse into winter break (mini version) and is just so chill. Its from November 22nd till that next Monday so definitely the perfect number of days to stay home with family in the warm and make an excuse to eat good home food and not think of healthy habits for this week. (Also pretty excited that my birthday is the day before this long holiday starts, YES!)