A Night at the Symphony

A Night at the Symphony

3_474

Living in Chicago, we are at the advantage of having tons of amazing cultural and educational opportunities all around us in addition to all the amazing shopping, food, and exciting activities. This past week I had the opportunity to see Yo yo Ma live at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

Founded in 1891, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra is one of the best symphonies in the world. Obviously, since Yo yo Ma the world renowned cellist was performing with them, it was going to be phenomenal. It was my first time at the symphony and I was not disappointed. Personally, I’ve never been good with instruments, I can’t seem to catch on to anything that I try, but I’ve always loved choir. My involvement in choir both in high school and at Loyola has opened me up to a huge repertoire of classical music. This made my experience at the symphony even more enjoyable.

Our seats were at the back of the music hall, but the music was still amazing. I don’t think that there is really a bad seat at the Chicago Symphony, and they offer discounted tickets for students. The symphony has performances frequently throughout the month and I would definitely recommend taking a trip to experience the amazing symphony that Chicago has to offer. Plus, you can use it as the perfect excuse to get dressed up and go out for dinner downtown!

-Mere