Savory and Sweet at m.henry

Savory and Sweet at m.henry

Hi everyone! Happy finals week! The school year is so close to being over that I can almost taste it. This will be my second to last blog post and I wanted to talk about one of my favorite things to talk about, food! Tried out a new restaurant this week located very close to Loyola’s Lakeshore campus and wanted to tell you all about it. Because who does not want to try out new places to eat?? I am always down for a culinary experience in a new restaurant.

The restaurant is called m.henry. Located at 5707 N. Clark Street, this place is always packed and always amazing. A breakfast/lunch spot perfect for anyone, this restaurant prides themselves on their fresh and delicious food options and fantastic desserts. They try to use as much local produce and organic products as they can in creating their dishes. The atmosphere was very welcoming and homey and there was even a little section to purchase baked goods that they bake in the restaurant. While waiting, my mouth was literally drooling over their mini coconut pies and their lemon cakes. Everything looked so good!

I went for breakfast. The place was super crowded and we had to wait for about 20 minutes, but you that a place is good if there is a wait. Once we were seated, I instantly browsed their menu. Not knowing anything about the place, it was hard for me to select a dish because everything looked and sounded out of this world. There is a sweet section of the menu and a savory section. The sweet section had mango and blueberry cinnamon French toast, four berry hotcakes, and other mouthwatering sweetness. The savory side was equally tempting with bacon wrapped eggs, shrimp and crab cake bennies, and a home comfort plate. The dish that caught my eye was the roasted asparagus and prosciutto benedict. IT WAS TO DIE FOR! The dish describes itself, but for the hollandaise, it was a rich and creamy parmesan sauce with a bright mixed green salad on the side. My friend decided on enrique’s morning plate which was a Mexican style dish. It consisted of two homemade tortillas with avocados, eggs, chorizo, tofu, ancho chili sauce, and cheese. It came with rice and plantains.  Since we both got savory and wanted something sweet to share, we decided on the out of this world breakfast bread pudding. SOOO GOOD! It was a vanilla and egg custard brioche bread pudding with blackberries and peaches as a topping. It we didn’t get that to share, I could have eaten that all on my own!

I would recommend this place to everyone and anyone. It was probably one of the best breakfasts I have ever had and I have been to quite a few breakfast places around Chicago. So go check it out! You really will not be disappointed!

FullSizeRender (3)