Fun End-Of-The-Year Activities

Fun End-Of-The-Year Activities

With the end of the year in sight, Loyola has planned many fun and exciting events for current students to participate in within these last few weeks! In this post, I will be talking about all of the events students can take advantage of to add a little fun to the end of the year stress!

One of the biggest events happening on campus within these next few weeks is ((dop))’s hosting of keynote speaker Laverne Cox from Orange Is The New Black to give a speech here on campus! The event is free to students with a student ID, and will be taking place April 23rd at 6P.M. in the Mundelein Auditorium! I believe this will be a huge event, and will be widely popular among the student population! Many students love the show, and she is an LGBT advocate so I presume her speech will be worth hearing! I personally got a ticket and am excited for this event!

Also on the 23rd, a Water Tower Block Party will be held on Loyola’s Water Tower Campus! This event happens twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. It will be from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M. The event shuts down four city streets, and will include exciting things such as food, a live band, sunshine raffle, Henna, Caricatures, Photobooth, and much more! I personally have never been to this event before, but am excited to go this time!

Lastly, there is the Damen Ball that is held at the Museum of Science and Industry! This is mainly an event for seniors, as a last farewell from Loyola! There will be food, dancing, mingling, and some exhibits open! I think this sounds like a really fun evening, especially for graduating seniors! I can’t wait to go someday!

So, to get through the stress of finals and move-out, take advantage of some of these fun activities! It will make the end of the year that much more worthwhile, and it will be tons of fun!