Stress Relieving Tips for Anything and Everything

Happy Tuesday everyone! So I feel like I always say this, but the papers are piling on because the end of the semester is getting too close for comfort. It is getting quite real over here because I officially have to pick up my cap and gown tomorrow for graduation! I am graduating and have no idea what I really want to do with my life and it is freaking me out. So in order to calm myself down a bit, I thought I would let you guys in on some of my stress reliving tips. These tips can be for any sort of stress, it is not just school related! I know I posted one a while back about stress relieving tips, but those were solely for school and these are more general!

1. Take a step back! – Often we feel so overwhelmed that we feel like we have to keep going 24/7 at a 100 and ten percent, but you have to keep in mind that you are only stressing yourself out further. Take a step back, even for a few minutes, and breathe. Going into things with a clear head gives you a renewed source of energy and commitment to whatever you are doing!
  2. Put it in perspective! – Freaking out about getting that A versus an A-? We have all been there, but here is a little secret, close your eyes and imagine yourself ten years from now, even ten days, does that grade matter? Probably not. I highly doubt a future boss will look at your grade and deny you because you did not get that A. Put in the right amount of effort, do your best, and feel good about that! You are only human, although some of us hope for the brain of Iron Man, we don’t have it. Just do your best and don’t stress!
  3. Sleep on it! – This is not to say procrastinate, but everything looks better in the morning. Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it, so do not carry the baggage of yesterday into today. Go in with a clear mind and clean slate and tackle whatever you have to tackle!
  4. Find something that Relates to you! – Get into some activity that helps you get rid of stress. For me, baking, writing (non-school related of course!), and playing the piano are my stress relievers. Find yours! Don’t be afraid to find something that is tailored to you. There are a ton of options out there that people may tell you to do like yoga, breathing exercises, stress balls, ect, but you have to find what works for you.
  5. Talk it out! – Do not bottle the stress up! If you need to talk to someone, talk to someone. Whenever I tell a friend about a bad day and get some words of encouragement it is the best dose of stress relieving medicine out there. Don’t look for sympathy, but don’t be afraid to reach out to someone when you just need to vent. It is like a win-win situation, because then they can do the same and you both can blow off some steam!

Like I said, these stress tips can apply to anything, not just school. It is good to be able to manage stress though because let’s face it, life is no picnic, but keep your chin up! You are going to be just fine!