Beneficial Bulletin Boards

Beneficial Bulletin Boards

The other week, I met with my professor to go over some exam questions.  I got to LSB super early because it was super cold that day and you know that the CTA loves to delay the brown line for whatever reason.  I, literally, ran to her office only to find out that our meeting was scheduled at 9:30, and I had arrived a half hour too soon.  I told her I would come back, so I started walking around the first floor in LSB, took out my planner and pen, and started my routine.

My routine consists of solely walking around LSB, Flanner, Cudahy, etc and reading the bulletin boards that are filled with flyers.  This is my way of staying engaged with everything that is going on around me!  I am not going to lie, sometimes I am so exhausted to read all of my forty emails; unfortunately, some of the ones I delete are on-campus activities!  However, I feel that I make up for this when I am on campus reading all of these flyers.

This is how I found about all of the graduate programs that I am applying to, and how I learned about some Kaplan MCAT courses that I took last year.  I know that I talked about keeping an open eye whenever you’re around campus.  This is one of the reasons why!  It can be so beneficial in the long run.  Take the time and look around.  Read the flyers because you never know what you can find out!