Saturday Food Trip to Thai Grill

Saturday Food Trip to Thai Grill

Hello hello hello! Hope everyone is having a fabulous Tuesday! Just a few more days till the weekend. My birthday is this weekend and I will be turning 23 (I know, I am super old, ah the life of a fifth year student) and unfortunately, my birthday falls around midterms Every. Single. Year. But it is not as bad as you think because sometimes you just have to celebrate earlier. Last year I celebrated my birthday at Thai Grill. Being a major foodie, bet you have not guessed that yet (sarcasm), I love all kinds of cuisines, but Thai is one of my favorites. This past Saturday I had the wonderful pleasure of heading back to Thai Grill.

Thai Grill is super close to Loyola’s Lake Shore campus and it is a favorite place among the students. It is located at 1040 West Granville which is literally about less than three blocks from campus. I have tried a lot of Thai places, but this one so far has been my favorite and I could not be more thankful that it is so close!

The menu is traditional Thai: including delicious noodle dishes, chicken, fish, soups, fried rice, and appetizers. I always order the same thing when I go here, which is kind of sad of course, but hey, if it still works and is delicious, no need to change it up. I always order the Pad Kee Mao. It is a spicy noodle dish with green peppers, wide rice noodles, and your choice of meat. The spiciness if quite hot, so if you do not like spice don’t go with this dish. The menu has helpful little stars located next to each dish to indicate if it contains a lot of heat. For me, the hotter the better. If it does not burn away my taste buds, it is not hot enough! My favorite dish that they serve though is their Crab Rangoon. Deliciously deep fried dumplings filled with crab meat, cream cheese, garlic, and scallions, these are what I want before I die as my last meal. They are served as an appetizer and are oh so good! I always also order a Chai Iced Tea, which is chai black tea combined with ice and sweetened condensed milk. It is to die for! Besides all these amazing dishes, Thai Grill also serves Bubble Tea which is fruit smoothies with tapioca. I am not a fan of tapioca, but people who are say that Thai Grill has amazing Bubble Tea.

I recommended this place to everyone and everyone loves it! It is so close to Loyola, offers lunch specials, delivers, and is always filled with Loyola students. It is a great place to meet up with friends and just enjoy some good food.