Stops for Food on Campus

Stops for Food on Campus

Hi again! Since every day is getting a little harder to get up for, I often do not have time, nor energy, to pack a lunch. Sometimes I just plain forget to. Since I work during the day as well as go to class, I always try to pack a lunch because I usually end up starving about halfway through my day. Even though I may forget to pack a lunch sometimes, there are always super, close by food options on campus, sometimes even in the same buildings as your classes are in. Whether you need some soup to warm you up, a sandwich, hot coffee, or just a quick snack, there are plenty of options on campus for you to get your energy boost!

Besides the dining halls, there are five other places on Lakeshores campus that have food options. The first is located in Mundelein. This café has soups, salads, drinks, Starbucks, and snacks. It is located right in the entrance hall of Mundelein and across the hall, there is a place to sit down and eat. It is conveniently located in a classroom building, so you always have the option of grabbing food and running into your class on time! The second location is in the Damen Student Center. Not only in there a dining hall in Damen, there is also a restaurant like/grocery store. You can order burgers and hot sandwiches to go, as well as Mexican food and pizza! Here you can also find grocery options like fresh fruit, salads, drinks, hummus, sushi, toiletries, medicines, and kitchen needs. Super great! The third location is in the IC. It is located in the hallway that connects the IC with the library. This is a smaller café, but they offer Starbucks drinks and delicious bagels, cupcakes, and donuts. This place is the most caféish because there a bar to sit at and a few tables around the perimeter of the room overlooking the lake. It is a great place to meet with an advisor or a friend to just catch up!

The fourth place is in the Simpson freshman dorm. This is not a café, but a grocery store. You can get cream cheese, bread, pastas, snacks, fruits, vegetables, ice cream, toiletries, ect. It is just like going to a mini supermarket! The last place is located in the IES building across from Mundelein. The Café is called Engrained and it contains many of the similar foods found in the other cafes. It is also conveniently located in a classroom/dorm building. This great thing about all these places is that they all accept your Rambler bucks (if you are not sure what that is, check out one of my earlier blog posts in which I explain)! Super easy, super convenient, and super delicious!