Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things

Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things

Welcome back to classes, Ramblers! I know I haven’t written in such a long time due to winter break, but I’m back! I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a happy new year! Classes for second semester began this past Monday for current students, and personally, adjusting back into the swing of things has proved a bit difficult for me! Although I’m excited to be back and studying again, getting used to dorm life once again is taking some time compared to living at home with free laundry and no shower shoes! In this post, I will be discussing the start of the new semester and readjusting to dorm and class life!

For all current Ramblers, brand new classes began on Monday! For many, this is an exciting new start with new subjects, professors, and friends. However, jumping back into classes so soon after winter break takes some getting used to. Waking up early again, setting alarms, studying, and doing homework is hard to get back into after not having to worry about any of it for about a month! I personally think after the first week people will find that they are fully ready to continue in their studies for a successful second semester, I know I will!

In addition to readjusting to class life, students must readjust to dorm life as well! After a month of living at home with free laundry, home-cooked meals, and no shower shoes, returning to school can take some getting used to! For the first week, I’m sure sleep schedules will still be a little bit off, but I know that students will be back in the routine in no time. I already feel at home after two days of readjusting, and am glad to be back in my dorm with all of my friends!

Although it was wonderful to be home with no worries of classes and homework, it’s great to be back at Loyola for the spring semester! Readjusting honestly was not that bad, and I’m glad to be continuing my studies at such a beautiful school, with all of my new friends that I’ve missed for a month! Enjoy the spring semester, Ramblers!