Are You Ready for the Winter Season?

Are You Ready for the Winter Season?

With fall coming to an end, winter is making its grand entrance thus far. We are expected to drop to the 20s later this week and along with that, comes snow. Just about a week ago, we had winter’s wake up call on October 31st with the brutal wind gusts, rain, and hail. Especially here at Loyola on the Lakeshore campus, the winds were so strong and the waves from Lake Michigan reached the sidewalks.

As a freshman commuter, I am a little concerned about the winter weather as I commute via the CTA (train, bus, and walking). As a Chicagoan, I understand that winters here are always rough; sometimes the weather is so terrible that schools across the city are closed. Here at Loyola, I have been told that snow days are extremely rare. With that being said, I am trying to prepare myself by finding several alternative ways to get to campus, waking up and commuting earlier, and dressing warm. Luckily, Loyola’s winter break is about one month, so hopefully the blizzards and beautiful snow can come during that time!

Nonetheless, the winter season here is simply wonderful and with the holiday season combined, everything is alright; the happy spirits and beauty of the season compensate.
Stay warm this winter season!