An Addition to My Junior Year

An Addition to My Junior Year

This semester I am taking a total of 15 credit hours at Loyola University Chicago. The scheduling also worked out very well so I could have the option to find a campus job to earn in between my classes.

I was able to get the opportunity to be a student worker with Undergraduate Admissions! Working twice a week, I will assist the receptionist, aid counselors with data entry, and be a new face that prospective students will see.

This is my first campus job during my time at Loyola. I would previously work in my hometown during the summer and winter break, but I thought I could help myself with the expenses of being an out of state student living downtown.

Being my first week, I was a little nervous because I was unfamiliar with the ins and outs of admissions. The staff and the experienced student workers were a huge help! The training that we gained with the new data entry system will also make sure that my work will help the staff a long way this year.

I will also have the opportunity to help out at the open houses this semester. I am excited to see students and their interests, just as I was in their position three years ago!