Interesting Panel Discussions

Interesting Panel Discussions

During my time at Loyola University Chicago, I have come to realize how many cool panel discussions and screenings the academic departments offer to students and community.

A panel that I recently attended for my feature and opinion writing class was through the department of International Film and Media Studies titled, “Women and Documentary Film.” The panel featured documentary film makers Ruth Leitman, Danielle Beverly, Bren Murphy and Elizabeth Coffman.

Trailers and clips of documentaries were shown for each of the women and they were given the opportunity to discuss the purpose of their works. Questions were also open for the audience to ask throughout the event.

I found this panel interesting because it put perspective into what goes into making films. The speakers talked about the passion that is needed in film making and going with whatever draws one to use the camera to tell a story.

Panels such as these also help me be more open to learn about different fields Loyola offers to study. These events also are offered throughout the academic year, ranging from all spectrums of fields of study.