Top 5 Things I Miss About Loyola

Top 5 Things I Miss About Loyola

Ciao! I am having the time of my life in Rome, but I do miss Loyola and Chicago a ton.  There are so many things I miss, but I thought I’d list my top five, not in any particular order.

1. Chicago Pizza.  Yep… they don’t have deep dish here, although Italy’s pizza is ALMOST as good as Chicago deep dish.  I am starting to miss my monthly visits to Giordano’s. Well, maybe a little more frequently than monthly…
  2. Water Tower Place.  My second home.  Water Tower Place (a big mall off Michigan Ave) is my favorite place to shop,  because they have every single store I love.  It’s really the only place I need to go if I am looking to shop.  Also, they have an amazing food court called FoodLife.
  3. Loyola4Chicago Volunteering.  Last semester I volunteered at Misericordia, a home for developmentally disabled individuals.  It was a great experience and I am sad I had to take a semester off from it, as I became close with many of the residents.
  4. Having a UPass.  Like Chicago, there is a bus and train system in Rome, and all throughout Italy.  Unfortunately, they don’t have semester passes like the CTA does.  It isn’t that big of a deal, but I do miss being able to go wherever I want on the CTA for free!
  5. Social Work classes.  At the Loyola Rome Center, I can only take core classes.  I do miss taking my social work classes because that is what I am truly passionate about.  I’m eager to take some more this upcoming Fall Semester!