“Undeniable warmth of the community” -Brigid O’Keefe

1000x560_okeefe

Brigid O’Keefe (1L)

Elmhurst, IL

Undergraduate Degree: BA, Political Science, University of Iowa

In five words or less, why did you  choose Loyola?:Undeniable warmth of the community

What do you like best about Loyola?:I would say the top three things I like best about Loyola are the administration and professors, my fellow classmates, and Chicago:

Attending a large undergraduate school, I sometimes felt like a small fish in a big pond. I did not take the time to get to know my professors or make connections with the administrators. Loyola has been completely different. The professors and administrators want to build a relationship with you. They want you to succeed, and they genuinely enjoy the students.

I don’t think anyone will sugarcoat 1L experience—it’s a challenge. But an extremely rewarding challenge! Your class will be split into sections of about 60 people with whom you will take all your first-year courses. Identifying with a group of 60 students, all going through the same ups and downs of law school, creates very strong friendships.

Being in Chicago is the best—food, food, food! There is always something to do in Chicago on the weekends, regardless of your budget. Having an extremely fun city to explore when you need a break from law school makes Loyola a great choice.

Favorite Loyola law professor and why:Professor Cynthia Ho cares about her students more than any professor I have ever met. She takes time to send you jobs or events she thinks might interest you. Her class is a lot of work, but I now know Civil Procedure like the back of my hand!

Areas of interest: Commercial litigation, Education law

Extra-curricular activities:Women’s Law Society, Admissions Ambassador, Volunteer at Legal Prep Charter Academy

Becoming a part of Loyola’s community is the best decision I have ever made. If you choose Loyola for law school, you won’t regret it!

This entry was posted in Life at Loyola, Student Ambassadors, Student Life, Student Spotlight, Why Loyola?. Bookmark the permalink.