Student Ambassador: Meghan Murphy

Meghan Murphy headshot (002)

Name: Meghan Murphy
Home City and State: Mokena, IL
College/University Attended: University of Miami (Coral Gables, FL)
Chicago Neighborhood you call home: South Loop
Current Law Interests include: Business Law and Real Estate Law 

Why did you choose to attend Loyola University Chicago School of Law? I chose to attend Loyola University Chicago School of Law for a variety reasons including the school’s location, it’s reputation and the Jesuit tradition. Loyola’s downtown Chicago location was a key aspect in my decision. With the city’s strong transportation system, students are easily able to get around the city from school for various things such as networking events, interviews and their offices, if they choose to work during the school year. The central location also allows for more flexibility when choosing what city neighborhood to live in. In addition, Loyola has a strong reputation and alumni base in the Chicagoland area. When choosing a law school, students should consider what their time will be like in school but also consider their life beyond graduation. This especially played a role in my decision given my desire to practice in Chicago upon graduating. Finally, Loyola’s affiliation with the Jesuit tradition played a part in my decision. Because of it, the school’s culture is service-oriented with many volunteer opportunities for students to integrate into the community. I believe it also helps in fostering Loyola’s welcoming and encouraging law school environment.

Please, head over to our website to check out Meghan’s full bio.

This entry was posted in 1L Life, Life at Loyola, Student Ambassadors, Student Life, Why Loyola?. Bookmark the permalink.