Amie B: Public Interest Law Society (PILS) Auction

Having a blast at the gala with some great friends who are perusing a career in public interest.

Having a blast at the gala with some great friends

On February 27, 2014 the Public Interest Law Society at Loyola University Chicago (we call the organization PILS and you can check out their facebook page here), hosted their annual gala and auction at Lewis Towers located at the Water Tower Campus. Every year PILS holds this event to raise money to provide stipends for law students who spend their summers working unpaid internships in public interest. It is an amazing group that helps remove financial barriers for law students who want to serve underrepresented populations.

To support the cause, I bought my ticket to attend the event. Unfortunately, I am not personally able to bid on anything, but it was exciting to attend the event and show my support for the cause. And one day I might like to receive one of the summer stipends. Though I wish I could have bid! Some of the prizes were very cool: Bulls and Cubs box seats, Telluride ski chalets, and dinner with Illinois Supreme Court Justice Burke.

This year the gala was “a tasting,” meaning different food vendors came to provide small dishes. Everyone got two tickets to try two different places. Unsurprisingly, I hit up the pastry venue and had an amazing chickpea salad.  Also for the cheese eaters, there looked to be a really good panini and pizza station.

I had fun getting dressed up and going somewhere fancy! My friends and I kept joking about how we are adults now, going to grown-up events. When we walked in, some men were wearing tuxedos and there was a live band. We were very impressed and enjoyed the evening of luxury.

Questions for Amie? Email law-admissions [at] luc [dot] edu with the subject “Ask Amie” and she will make sure to answer them.

This entry was posted in 1L Life, Amie B, Life at Loyola, Student Life, Student Organizations. Bookmark the permalink.