Loyola’s Founders’ Dinner, which benefits the University’s Presidential Scholarship Fund, continues to be one of the major highlights of the year for members of the University community. Attendees will enjoy a cocktail reception in the Richard J. Klarchek Information Commons, dinner in the Joseph J. Gentile Arena, and a special chorus of Loyola students, staff, and alumni, who will perform with a live orchestra.
This year’s celebration happens on Saturday, June 2, at the University’s Lake Shore Campus. The event, will recognize 14 award recipients as part of the celebration.
This year’s award recipients include Dr. Kumiko Watanuki (BA ’84, MA ’87)—Coffey Award, Leonard P. Slotkowski Jr.(JFRC ’65–’66, BA ’69, MEd ’72)—Felice Award, and William Sherry—Dux Mirabilis.
Additionally, Loyola’s schools and colleges also honor an alumnus(a) with the Damen Award. This year’s winners include:
- College of Arts & Sciences – Colonel (IL) J. N. Pritzker, IL ARNG (Retired) (BA ’79)
- School of Business Administration – Mary A. Tolan (BBA ’82)
- School of Communication – Judith C. Rice (BA ’81)
- School of Continuing & Professional Studies – Thaddeus J. Wong (BBA ’96)
- School of Education – Mary A. Hicks (MEd ’99)
- The Graduate School – Woodrow W. Clark II (MA ’76)
- School of Law – Susan S. Sher (JD ’74)
- Stritch School of Medicine – Dr. Patrick J. Stiff (MD ’75)
- Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing – Dr. Carolyn Hope Smeltzer (MSN ’77, EdD ’83)
- Institute of Pastoral Studies – Joseph Paprocki (BA ’81, MPS ’85)
- School of Social Work – Barbara J. Menard(MSW ’94)
For ticket information and more on the awards, please visit LUC.edu/founders or call 800.256.9652.