Student Secret of the Week

This week, Windy City Secrets talked to Colleen, a transfer student who spent last year across the ocean. She gave us the inside scoop on her favorite hidden Chicago spot!

That’s a really good question. I’ve always liked searching for unique clothing in some of my favorite “secret stores” last year. But ever since transferring to Loyola and living at the Water Tower Campus, there isn’t much that’s undiscovered. I’ve started to hunt for pieces in Salvation Army, buffalo exchange, etc. and then bringing it to my favorite tailor “Golden Needle Tailoring.” It’s literally right next to Baumhart and the lady that runs it is so sweet and helpful. This way, I can get clothes I like based on pattern/material and worry about fit later. Even though Golden Needle isn’t super cheap, it works for me if my original purchase was around 2-10 dollars. Just remember before going that she only takes cash.

If you want to be featured on our Student Secret of the Week series, let us know in the comments below!

2 thoughts on “Student Secret of the Week

1. Definitely true. There are tons of tailors and dry cleaners that also offer tailoring services. They are tons of great places to repair a favorite piece or create a new taste for competitive prices and great locale. I know of three good places in rogers park alone.

1. Thanks for your comment! If you have any places to recommend, leave us a comment below; we’d love to check them out!