Looking to destress with some furry friends? This week, Windy City Secrets takes you inside Chicago’s Anti-Cruelty Society, a great space to volunteer while spending time with animals big and small.
Check out our quick look video below:
If you’re looking to spend time with cats like Tiger or dogs like Stein, you can either walk-in and say hello, or look into volunteering with the society. The mission of the Anti-Cruelty Society is stated on their website as the following:
The Anti-Cruelty Society shall:
- Provide compassionate care for any animal in need
- Attempt to find a home for every healthy or rehabilitatable dog and cat that comes to us
- Intervene to prevent cruelty to animals
- Partner with the community to educate on animal issues and inspire compassion and respect
- Provide low or no cost spaying or neutering
Tag @WindyCitySecret on Instagram if you donate your time with these furry friends!