Such a ‘Bler: Rushed-gistrations

Such a ‘Bler: Rushed-gistrations

Welcome to the arena. Get your cursor ready, class registrations will begin shortly.

Here are some tips from a surviving sophomore:

1. Pre-planning is key! Already have a backup schedule for next semester on top of that four-year plan you made in UNIV 101? Make another! Or three!
  2. Ask upperclassman for help. They’ve definitely had more courses and professors and can offer some really good close up insight.
  3. Check ratemyprofessor.com and scope out the instructors’ scene. This also really helps narrow down course time choices.
  4. Make some hot chocolate and keep an optimistic mind – I know I did.
  • Disappointment isn’t rare because getting into the majority of your desired classes, let alone all, is difficult. Be ready to change up your schedule and even four-year plan. Be ready for the rush.
  • Take everything with a grain of salt because you yourself still haven’t experienced the actual courses yet. A review may completely shoot a professor down but what if their teachings end up working for you? Do what you think is best for you.

In all seriousness, it’s going to be all right! My registration appointment was one of the latest because, having completed A Levels, I didn’t come in with high school credits. This also means I have to juggle all the required core courses on top of making sure I keep up with my course schedules for the three areas of study. I’ve had to change up my schedule and four-year plan with every registration appointment, but I always got at least half of the classes I aimed for. And I’m still on track!

BY THE WAY, I made a new video about what I’m studying at Loyola. Watch it here:

I’m routing for you Ramblers. Good luck!

HEY, I ALSO MAKE VIDEOS!

HERE’S THE SUCH A ‘BLER PLAYLIST: