Personal Ideology

Personal Ideology

If you have read my previous posts before, you might have some sort of idea of what my ideologies on school and life are like. In general, I tend to see things in a positive light as well as talk things through thoroughly and openly- I don’t hide anything. My concept of doing things and thinking help me get through tough times and all in all, things have been good and sometimes successful. I’d like to share my ideologies so maybe even you can consider them too!

Stitch is my favorite Disney character, hence the opening GIF….

________________________________________________________

School

I take academics seriously and most of the time, people see that I dedicate more time and effort to this than the average college student would. As a commuter, eldest sibling, student from a first-generation, low-income, and minority family, a college education was difficult to start with for me. I did not have much support nor did I know what to do and where to turn to. Understandably, I learned things through trial-and-error; experience. Since I had a science major and had intentions of going to medical school, good (excellent) grades were required and I needed to work hard to earn acceptable grades, especially in the hard-sciences courses. It is also quite important to have some academic ethic. This means you can show up early to class and find a good seat to focus, ask questions when you do not understand something, reading all (yes, all) things assigned, stay organized and know when exams and quizzes are administered, and more. The syllabus is more valuable than most people think. It helps you see what the teacher will do each week, what chapters will be covered, and sometimes the teacher might even put hints or actual questions that will be on the final exams too (I’ve had that happen many times).

Leisure

If I am free, it is nice to meet up with friends just to talk, eat together, or help them with whatever they need. Sometimes, it’s fun to hang out downtown eat at restaurants and sight-see like tourists. I like to keep my leisure to moderation because I am not that extroverted nor willing to spend a tremendous amount of money in one night. Often, I just use free time to catch up on sleep. For a student such as myself, we do not get much sleep at all. On average, I do not even get close to the minimum hours of sleep recommended ( ~7-9 hours), so I tell myself to “Love yourself” a lot and end up napping whenever I can. I wake up feeling better and more energized.

People 

I am a generally optimistic and open person to others. Although I am a bit introverted, I still try my best to meet new people and become acquainted. I do not like drama nor do I enjoy hating people to any extent. But in some cases, if I see that people bring me down with any form of negativity, I simply remove those people from my conscience and do my best to move on. I recently saw this talk Oprah gave about this and would love to share with you all:

Faith 

I understand people come from so many faiths, traditions, backgrounds, and cultures. I appreciate how diverse and colorful our world is. I believe in faith and it helps me stay genuine to others. Faith gives you a sense of hope and a sense of purpose. It helps you regulate your life in a more peaceful and interactive way with everyone around you. If these means that faith is religion, that is good too! Religions can help you very much because there are things already put in place for you to follow and believe in. For me, I am Roman Catholic and do hold on strongly to my religious faith. I also affiliate with my church very much by being a part of many groups such as the VEYM youth group, SBC, as well as being a musician for the choir. Seraphim. In these groups, I have found many people I can look up too, help out, and more. I find a lot of my own purpose within the church and am very proud of the work I have done so far.

Physical Fitness 

I am very sure 97%  of you readers have not seen what I look like physically (in-person). I think I am a couch potato. When I can (this sort of falls under “Leisure”), I jog in the park nearby my house. Yea…that’s all the physical fitness I do. I hope I have more time open (and more motivation) to exercise more but I hope I can continue being active so that when I get older, I can still be mobile and healthy.