That’s a Wrap!

That’s a Wrap!

The semester is finally almost to an end, and with finals in full swing, I think it’s a good time to do some reflection on how this past semester has been.

As a freshman last year there was a lot for me to take in. Between no longer living at home, to living in the city of Chicago, to adjusting to college courses, I never really found the time to become an active member on campus. This year however, I was able to really take the time and get involved, and I don’t see it slowing down any next semester.

From working here and operating various social media accounts like Instagram and Twitter, to giving tours to prospective students, to working at WLUW LUC’s radio station, and deciding next semester to work for Diminuendo, I’ve been able to really see what it means to be a Rambler. I was able to learn how there are so many communities that help our students feel welcome here, and all we have to do is reach out and give it a shot. And despite knowing about how much the word ‘Community’ meant to Loyolans last semester, I was able to take solace in a number of these communities, outside of my friend group. And to any incoming freshman or freshman who haven’t found themselves a community yet, it’s entirely possible to find one that works best for you, with likeminded people being abound, whether that’s a fraternity/sorority, one of the many clubs and organizations, or even working at the Radio Station with your’s truly.

This past semester I was also finally able to take classes geared towards my major as well as 200 and 300-level courses, which was able to really give me a taste of how brilliant our professors. To be able to go into my professor’s office hour’s and just get to know them better has by far been one of the best decisions I’ve been able to make this year. Each and every one of them comes from such a brilliant background, spending years in their field of study, and each one of them really does want to see each of their students successful, if they can do anything to help them grow and develop.

It’s been amazing to be at a University that I feel at home at, and I truly hope that all of you have the ability to do the same. I can’t wait for the experiences to come

Happy Holidays to everyone, and good luck on the rest of finals, Ramblers!!!