Living on Campus

Living on Campus

Living on campus makes my life way easier than being at home. I love being home and love my family but I cannot be going back and forth from home every week knowing I have a lot of work to do. Living on campus, I able to study and focus on my school work without hearing my mother on the phone or my little sister running around the house. I can have some time alone in peace and take long hot showers without my sister yelling at me to hurry up. I don’t have to worry about staying up late doing homework because I don’t have my dad asking, “What are you doing up at this time?” or my sister yelling, “Turn of the lights already.” Also, I don’t have to worry about taking the train or bus because I can walk to my class in about 5 minutes and I’ll be there. 

I feel more independent living on campus. I can be myself and enjoy life. Also, I have friends that take the same course as me so we can study together in the lounge and have late night dinners together. Also, living in the residence halls is a great way to meet new people and engage in different activities. On each floor of the residence halls, there are 2 resident assistants (RA) who we can easily talk about academics, life or whatever we want because they are going through the same thing we are or have learned from their experience. The RAs are there to listen and help us with any problems we are facing. Also, they create events to engage us with other people on our floor and to have some fun. For example, during Halloween time, our RA had an event where we were able to paint pumpkins and decorate the lounge. I was able to interact with other people, it was a good way to take a little break from studying and having fun with my peers. 

If I wasn’t living on campus, I wouldn’t be able to study with my friends at the lounge. I would be taking a 20 minute bus ride to get on campus. I would go back home every day and struggle to study because of all the noise. I wouldn’t have an RA who is very caring and helpful. I wouldn’t be independent either. I’m glad I made the decision to live on campus because it really helped me transition to college. I can’t wait for next year to see where I will be living next.